for Today’s World
May 4-July 6, 2017
Thursdays 6-7:30 pm; $199
with Michelle Marlahan
Did you know that there’s a foundational yoga philosophy? It is what makes the difference between exercise and Yoga. You’ve been doing it already – the strength, ease and awareness that has grown out of your practice happened because of these principles.
There’s so much to Yoga beyond what we are able to dive into in a regular class. In the full arc of practice (called the 8-limbed system), the Yamas and Niyamas are our clear instructions for Life. Qualities like kindness, honesty and contentment support our practice on and off the mat.
These foundational principles create the toolkit we use to examine ourselves and develop as human beings.
- Do you want more grounding and guidance in your life?
- Do you want tools to help you through the challenges of our times?
- Do you wish to deepen your practice and relationship to yourself and the world?
- Have you had the feeling that there’s “more” to yoga and you want to know what it is?
Yoga philosophy is always one of the most powerful pieces of Teacher Training, and now it’s available to you.
Join Michelle for this series where we will study the Yamas and Niyamas and explore ways to bring them into our day-to- day lives. Our sessions will be a combination of study, discussion, meditation and a short asana practice.
This module includes:
- 10 weeks of experiential exploration of yoga philosophy
- study, discussion, meditation, asana and homework
- a personal daily craft journal
Please bring a writing utensil and wear comfortable clothing. No prior knowledge or experience necessary. Get your spot here.