Whether you are simply weary of the heat, counting the days until school starts, planning that last-minute road trip to squeeze out the last bits of summer, August can be a time of hammock-induced anxiety. Most of us suffer from that pesky Western desire to get somewhere. Maybe that’s why the theme for August at It’s All Yoga is Patience. Full disclosure: if you asked my family about my relationship to patience, they would probably roll their eyes and chuckle. But it is a practice, I say, a practice! In that spirit, I give you… Five ways to practice patience in August!
- Stay – Wherever you are, stay there.
- Create Something – Draw, write, build a deck, make some jewelry, prepare a meal from scratch, plant a garden.
- Chew Your Food – Okay, I’ll admit it. This is my number one patience practice.
- Listen – Most people just want to be heard.
- Meditate – You didn’t think I was going to forget that one, did you?